Hello to our MSF family,
What a fabulous start to term 2 we have had. The MSF Kids have been excitedly preparing their dance routines for our famous mid-year concert and their hard work, enthusiasm and love of dance is shining bright in the studio. Now it’s time to shine on stage.
Our mid-year performance is titled “Prologue” as it is just a hint of what’s to come at our amazing end-of-year concert. Make no mistake, this show is one not to be missed and we encourage you to invite all of your family and friends to support your dancer in the audience. All classes from Mini – Senior have been preparing as a team and all will perform on stage at the mid-year concert.
WHEN: Sunday, June 18th
WHERE: Enjoy Church – 74 Wedge St Epping
STUDENT ARRIVAL TIME: CONCERT 1: 2.30pm CONCERT 2: 4.30pm CONCERT 3: 6.30pm
PERFORMANCE TIME: CONCERT 1: 3.00pm CONCERT 2: 5.00pm CONCERT 3: 7.00pm
A reminder that the school is split into 3 separate concerts. All younger students will perform in one show only, (see groups listed below). Teens and Seniors will perform in all shows. Petites do not perform.
WHAT IS THE MID-YEAR CONCERT?
The mid-year dance concert is an opportunity for all students (in the Mini age group and up) to experience performing in front of an audience in a relaxed and encouraging environment. The Mid-Year concert is always a highlight of our year and for many of our students, the first time ever dancing on stage. It is also a chance for parents, families and friends to see the progress our students have been making in class and an opportunity to celebrate our dancers, as they grow in confidence, work as a team with their class and overcome nerves and inhibitions. This event is a great “stepping stone” towards bigger performances, such as our professional end-of-year concert.
Any dance concert is a big deal and one that takes time, teamwork and practice to prepare for. If you/your child cannot attend and perform on the day please inform The MSF Team now so that the teachers can adequately prepare their classes. Have a read of our blog: https://mainstfunk.com/2022/05/21/is-the-concert-compulsory/
- Tickets will be available to purchase online: https://www.trybooking.com/CIIRU
- Tickets will go on sale on Sunday, May 21st at 11am (we’ve given you a sleep in this year.)
- Adult tickets $17 and Children (under 12) $14
- All audience members (including young children) will require a ticket.
- Babies under 2 years old don’t require a ticket if they will sit on an adult’s lap
- PLEASE ENSURE ALL TICKETS ARE BOOKED AND PRINTED BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE VENUE. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
- Performers do not need a ticket.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY?
- Students will be dropped off, no later than 30 minutes before showtime.
- Students should arrive dressed, with hair done, and ready to perform. Perfect grooming and uniform is expected.
- All bags/coats/belongings will be left with parents/carers unless you/your child are in multiple dances, then a small bag containing shoes and uniform is permitted.
- Please do not send food/snacks with your child – ensure they have a healthy meal before arriving. The mid-year performance is short and snappy so they will not go hungry.
- Audience members (including parents and siblings) will wait outside or in the foyer, while the MSF team help the children set up and settle their nerves.
- Please be punctual as we are unable to delay the start of the show.
- It is also important to arrive on time, as feeling rushed can be very stressful for our young performers before their turn on stage, especially when they are likely to already be feeling nervous.
- During the show, all students will stay with their class. After performing their dance, students will return to their allocated place, with their classmates.
- Performing students do not require a ticket for their performance.
- Students do not sit with their families and no student will be dismissed from the concert until after the show has finished.
WHAT DO STUDENTS WEAR TO THE MID-YEAR CONCERT?
Full uniform and perfect presentation is required on the day. All requirements have been emailed to each class however you can also view them here: https://mainstfunk.com/2022/06/10/what-to-wear-to-the-mid-year-concert/
DO THE STUDENTS NEED TO WEAR MAKEUP?
No, makeup is not necessary for the mid-year concert. If you do choose to wear makeup (or put makeup on your child) for the mid-year concert, we recommend a light, natural look, using neutral tones to highlight the natural features. Use as little or as much makeup as you like but be mindful, as there are no stage lights, a full face of stage makeup can be very confronting, especially on little people.
CAN WE RECORD AND TAKE PHOTOS DURING THE CONCERT?
NO. Main St Funk has a strict “no photos and no videos during classes and concerts” policy. This is in line with national child safety laws and copyright laws and is a policy that all families agreed to upon enrollment. Rules aside, it is also very distracting to our young performers, many of whom are performing for the first time ever, to look out to a sea of phones and flashes. We understand the importance of capturing this special day so we encourage you to take photos of your child before and after the show and all families will be provided with professional digital footage of the concert So switch your devices off, sit back, relax, be in the moment and enjoy the show! Your little one will be so excited to look out into the audience and see your smiling face!
Audience members, please read our Audience Etiquette guide to know the do’s and don’ts on concert day. https://mainstfunk.com/2022/06/10/audience-etiquette/
HAVE YOU GOT A QUESTION THAT ISN’T LISTED ABOVE?
There’s no such thing as a silly question, please get in touch with The MSF Team, so we can help you out.
Kristie, Carla, Chloe.