By enrolling into Main St Funk Dance School Lalor, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood and agree to these policies and procedures.
GENERAL CLASS ROOM ETIQUETTE:
- Parents are not permitted in the dance room unless invited in by the teacher. This is to limit distractions.
- Parents of new students are invited in to watch on their first lesson.
- Parents are asked to refrain from interrupting class times. If there is an issue that needs to be discussed, parents may wait until the principals have finished teaching for the night or call to arrange an appropriate time.
- Cash payments are to be made to a Main St Funk staff member who is not timetabled to teach at that time. Alternatively, payments can be placed in a clearly labelled envelope and a receipt will be distributed during the following class or later that evening.
- Main St Funk students are required to bring their own water bottle that is clearly distinguishable as their own.
- Parents of Main St Funk students are asked to escort their child to and from the car/dancing. Please refrain from waiting for them in the car park.
- Main St Funk are only responsible for students during their scheduled class time. Parents are asked to make sure their child is supervised before and after their scheduled class time.
- In the event that a child can’t make it to their class a courtesy call or text message is appreciated.
- It is asked that students be punctual in order to have a proper warm up. This will reduce the risk of injury and also eliminate classroom interruptions.
- Main St Funk expects full attendance where possible. This ensures a consistent and progressive term.
- Main St Funk accepts new students up until the first week of term 3.
- Main St Funk students learn one dance each term. Unless invited by the teacher and an additional costume fee is paid, new students will only participate in the dance assigned to that term. This ensures new students do not feel overwhelmed or behind. E.g, Mary started at MSF in Term 2 so she will not be in the Term 1 dance.
- Before and during any Main St Funk performance parents are not permitted back stage or in the dressing rooms.
- Main St Funk believes that a dance class should feel like a team where everyone is treated equally and works equally as hard. No one student is the star and no student is left behind.
LALOR SECONDARY COLLEGE:
- There is to be no smoking on the grounds of Lalor Secondary. If clients wish to smoke, they must be outside of the school gate and at least 4 meters from the premises.
- Parking is available inside the grounds
- Term fees must be paid in full by the third week of term unless prior arrangements have been made with the principals.
- Unfortunately Main St Funk are unable to reimburse for occasional missed lessons for illness, school camps etc. In the case of extended absence (3 consecutive lessons or more) please contact the principals to discuss your options.
UNIFORM AND SHOES:
- MSF students are required to comply with uniform and shoe regualtions as outlined here: https://mainstfunk.com/portfolio/uniform/
- Crew members are required to attend ALL classes.
- In the event that a class is missed, the student may not participate in the missed choreography. This will be at the discretion of the teacher.
- Crew members must be committed to ALL competition events.
- During the course of your child’s lessons, photography and videos will be taken by Main St Funk and its associates. These may be put on public display, used in marketing material, made available for purchase and remain the property of Main St Funk.
- In the event of an emergency involving your child, in the case where it is not possible or practical to contact you, appropriate medical assistance will be administered, for which you will bear the cost.
- Main St Funk run a number of extra rehearsals leading up to the end of year performance. These are compulsory for all students if they wish to participate in the end of year concert.
- Please make a note of these rehearsal times and dates: Dates + Events
- Main St Funk prides itself on the friendly, family & inclusive nature of its classes.
- Main St Funk have a ZERO TOLERANCE for bullying. Any student, parent or staff member seen to be behaving in a way that can be identified as bullying will be asked to leave Main St Funk effective immediately.