Dear Dance Family,
Firstly, we would like to send our love and well wishes to all in our community who are currently unwell, in isolation or caring for a loved one. We wish for a full recovery and hope to see you in good health and happiness soon.
We know your inbox has been flooded with “our response to the coronavirus” for 2 years now but as we enter year 3 of this rollercoaster, in the current climate, it feels more important than ever to let you know our plans going forward.
We are aware of all of the uncertainties in the air at the moment, as we feel them too. They are also reflected in our current enrollment numbers. It is clear there is a lot of hesitancy in putting your name down for classes and many people, we suspect, are holding off from enrolling. It feels risky to commit to anything right now and we get that.
We are sad to have not heard from a large portion of our dance family. Dancers who have danced with us for a decade, newbies who started so keenly in term 4 last year, families who are usually so dedicated and loyal and kids who have been consistent right throughout the pandemic up until now. It is heartbreaking that this virus continues to hurt the individuals who are the very heart of our small business. You, our students.
As we are just two weeks off from starting a new dancing year, we wanted to address your concerns as best as we can in the hopes that we might give you some peace of mind, and get these kids back on the dance floor doing what they love.
In the event of:
- Your child has to miss class due to being covid positive or isolating as a close contact: please let us know that you will be away and we will credit your account for the missed class/es.
- If your child is isolating but feels well enough to dance: we can set up a device to film class via zoom so your child can participate from home.
- If there is a positive case at the studio or in your child’s class: although you won’t be considered a close contact, we will still communicate with you so you can look out for symptoms and take any steps you deem appropriate.
- A lockdown: We will, like we have always done, run classes via zoom and offer unlimited class participation for all students (within their age groups).
- If there is a lockdown and your child cannot participate via zoom: please let us know immediately, before zoom classes commence, we will credit your account for the missed lessons.
Covidsafe Plans and Vaccination Requirements
Main St Funk has always and will continue to implement a covidsafe plan that is in line with the current government guidelines. This is continuously updated as the guidelines are ever-changing but we will communicate with you every tweak and update as we have always done. In the same way, vaccination requirements for businesses like ours have changed recently too and we will always uphold our obligation as a small business to keep our community safe. A quick summary is:
- Wear a mask
- Keep a safe distance
- Check-in via the QR code
- Show vax certificate before entering (18 years old and older)
- Sanitize or wash hands
You can read the full version here: https://mainstfunk.com/2020/06/29/covidsafe-plan/
Please enrol now so that you don’t miss out.
At this stage, many classes run the risk of being cancelled due to low numbers and others are close to being marked as full. After such a tumultuous two years, we would hate for there to be more disappointment and heartbreak if it turns out your child’s dance class is no longer available to them.
While we completely understand that you still may be feeling nervous about returning to the studio, our advice is to enrol now and communicate with us along the way. If it gets to the beginning of term and you still don’t feel ready or you are still isolating, let us know and we won’t charge you until you are ready to come back.
Enrol here: https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/mainstfunk
If the class times aren’t working for you, please talk to us. We are reasonable and flexible and sometimes we can find an alternative class for your child to ensure they can keep dancing.
With so much uncertainty in the air, we are 100 per cent sure of one thing. Main St Funk’s commitment to providing a safe and inclusive environment where all children can grow, dance and laugh in a space dedicated to their happiness and wellbeing.
No, we don’t have a crystal ball to know what the next year will bring but we are moving forward with positivity and determination to make this a wonderful year of dance, no matter what.
Dancing is our Happy Place.
The MSF Team