Hey dance fam…
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for, we are excited to announce our plans for our Mid-Year Dance Showcase! “BACK TO THE STAGE” Our first live performance since 2019.
WHEN: Saturday June 26th 2021
WHERE: Enjoy Church – 74 Wedge St Epping
PERFORMANCE TIMES: Concert 1: 11am Concert 2: 1.45pm Concert 3: 4.30pm
STUDENT ARRIVAL TIME: 1 hour before performance time
All younger students will perform in 1 concert only, see groups listed below. Teens, Seniors and Open Age classes will perform in all 3 shows.
WHAT IS THE MID YEAR CONCERT?
The mid-year dance concert is an opportunity for all students (in the Mini age group and up) to experience performing in front of an audience in a relaxed and encouraging environment. Because we missed out last year, and this year we have SO MANY new dancers, this makes this performance extra special. We have a record number of dancers performing on stage for the very first time. This is a chance for parents, families and friends to see the progress our students have been making in class and an opportunity to celebrate our dancers, as they grow in confidence, work as a team with their class and overcome nerves and inhibitions.
- Tickets will be available to purchase online via trybooking.com (link to be provided closer to the date)
- Tickets will go on sale on Sunday May 30th at 9am
- Adult tickets $20 and Children (under 12) $15
- All audience members (including young children) will require a ticket.
- Babies under 2 years old don’t require a ticket if they will sit on an adult’s lap
- Performers do not need a ticket.
This will be a Covidsafe event with QR check in required of each audience member, sanitising stations provided and social distancing in place.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY?
- Students will be dropped off, no later than one hour before show time.
- Students should arrive dressed, with hair done, ready to perform
- All bags/coats/drink bottles will be left with parents/carers unless you/your child are in multiple dances, then a small bag containing shoes and uniform is permitted.
- Please do not send food/snacks with your child – ensure they have a healthy meal before arriving.
- Audience members (including parents and siblings) will wait outside or in the foyer, while the MSF team help the children set up and settle their nerves.
- Please be punctual as we are unable to delay the start of the show.
- It is also important to arrive on time, as feeling rushed can be very stressful for our young performers before their turn on stage.
- During the show, all students will stay with their class. After performing their dance, students will return to their allocated place, with their classmates.
- Performing students do not require a ticket for their performance.
- Students do not sit with their families and no student will be dismissed from the concert until the after the show has finished.
WHAT DO STUDENTS WEAR TO THE MID-YEAR CONCERT?
Full uniform, including hair and shoes, are required from all students. If your child performs in multiple dances, we recommend layering, to make outfit changes easier for them. For example, if your child does hip hop and ballet and their hip hop dance is first, please put on ballet stockings and leotard and then your hip hop uniform (leggings and MSF tee) over the top. The concert order will be posted up on the studio walls where you can check what dance you/your child has first. Students who do ballet, as well as other classes, will keep their hair in a ballet bun for the entire show. A full outline of uniform, hair and shoe requirements can be found here: https://mainstfunk.com/uniform-shoe-hair-requirements/
DO THE STUDENTS NEED TO WEAR MAKEUP?
No, makeup is not necessary for the mid-year concert. If you do choose to wear makeup (or put makeup on your child) for the mid-year concert, we recommend a light, natural look, using neutral tones to highlight the natural features. Use as little or as much makeup as you like but be mindful, as there are no stage lights, a full face of stage makeup can be very confronting, especially on little people.
CAN WE RECORD AND TAKE PHOTOS DURING THE CONCERT?
NO. Main St Funk has a strict “no photos and no videos during classes and concerts” policy. This is in line with national child safety laws and copyright laws and is a policy that all families agreed to upon enrollment. Rules aside, it is also very distracting to our young performers, many of whom are performing for the first time ever, to look out to a sea of phones and flashes. We understand the importance of capturing this special day so we encourage you to take photos of your child before and after the show and all families will be provided with professional digital footage of the concert So switch your devices off, sit back, relax, be in the moment and enjoy the show! Your little one will be so excited to look out into the audience and see your smiling face!
HAVE YOU GOT A QUESTION THAT ISN’T LISTED ABOVE?
There’s no such thing as a silly question, please get in touch with The MSF Team, so we can help you out.
Kristie, Carla, Chloe.