Hi Dance Fam,
We hope you have all settled back into lockdown and are doing well under the circumstances.
We are so devastated that we aren’t heading back into the studio this week but we are excited to be once again delivering our “MSF live online” classes and we are grateful for the opportunity to continue dancing with our students whilst they are safe at home.
- Our new and improved zoom program will be offered to you in a 5-week block.
- Our condensed timetable makes it simple and easy for families.
- We hope our new Saturday classes will work well for students who are homeschooling and need a break from screens and learning at the end of the school day.
- Our back to back classes will keep younger students engaged and keep the momentum going.
- Our new “package price” means you/your family can take as many classes as you like (within your age group) for the one price.
- See timetable and fees attached.
How it will work
- Classes will once again be delivered online via a program called Zoom
- The MSF teachers will lead the class and students can watch, participate and interact.
- Classes are shorter than our studio classes to suit the at-home format
- The movements and steps will be tailored to a smaller space.
- We will work on some choreography over the course of the term, but we won’t be planning for concert routines- just practising and enjoying the skill of learning choreography
- We know these can’t replicate the in-person classes you’re used to, but they’re designed to keep you dancing, progressing, thinking and MOVING as much as we can in these imperfect circumstances.
To participate, you will need:
- Some clear, safe floor space to spread out, such as a lounge room. You might need to move furniture out of the way. Choose a “public” area of the house for supervision eg: not their bedroom.
- A computer, tablet or phone, suitable for video calls.
- An HDMI cord is helpful to connect smaller screens to a larger tv screen or monitor.
- Ballet students would benefit from access to a wall, chair or kitchen bench to use as a barre
- Your MSF uniform and a drink bottle – to get you in the right mindset for class.
Timetable and Pricing
- The timetable and pricing is different to our usual in-studio timetable- see attached
- We’ve designed it to enable students to take multiple classes, even if they don’t normally, as we know lots of other activities have been cancelled or scaled back.
- Feel free to enrol in any or all classes for your age group.
- We have made a decision not to offer acrobatics in this format, but we encourage acro students to take a ballet/jazz class to keep progressing their foundation technique
- We have been as generous as we possibly can in discounting fees for Term 3, as we’d love to see as many MSF kids as possible enjoying dance over this time, particularly for families with multiple children.
- We understand that everyone’s circumstances are different, and there is a lot of pressure on families at the moment.
- As a small business, we are experiencing the uncertainty first hand- there is a very real pressure to remain afloat during this time. For this reason, we respectfully ask that you ensure your fees are paid by the due date to confirm your ongoing enrolment.
- If you’re unable to participate during this time we understand! We encourage you to keep utilizing the free practice videos and activities we’ve provided and just dance if and when and however you can.
- Classes will commence Thursday, July 23 and Saturday, July 25,
- Enrolment will work the same as it does for our studio classes
- Log on to the parent portal here: https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/mainstfunk
- Enrol in any or all classes for your age group by clicking “Register for Classes”
- We will send you an invoice which is payable via electronic transfer. MSF’s bank details will be listed on the invoice.
- To access your class, log on to the parent portal 5 minutes before class.
- Click the video camera icon underneath “Todays Schedule”
- Students participating in back to back classes will only need to log in once.
- More detailed instructions and a visual guide can be found here: https://mainstfunk.com/2020/04/25/how-to-enrol-and-access-your-online-dance-class/
- Fees will be due Wednesday July 29th so you can use the first lesson as an obligation free trial if you’re unsure if it will work for you. Even if you have already tried our online classes once, we encourage you to try again! With a restructured schedule, a less lengthy term and a fresh face teaching your class, you might find new drive and inspiration to keep dancing. We don’t expect too much from our students, it’s just about giving it a go!
We are heartbroken to be closed again, but we understand this is for the safety of our community and we all need to do our part. With your continued support and participation, you can help your child to continue to grow through dance, and support our business during this devastating time.
Dancing is our happy place and that doesn’t have to change. Just because we are in isolation doesn’t mean we have to dance alone. We are separated by distance but never by heart!
We can’t wait to keep dancing with you and to see all of your smiling faces soon!
SEE YOU ONLINE!
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
The MSF Team (Kristie, Carla and Chloe)
email@example.com Chloe: 0433220973