Hi Dance Fam,
Well, we have hit the business end of the year…concert season! During term 4, our hardworking dancers get to reap the rewards of a year of hard work by absolutely SHINING on stage and at our photo-shoot. There is really no feeling like performing on stage in costume and under the stage lights and we can’t wait for you all to experience that. We hope you have enjoyed two weeks of rest because Term 4 is a busy one full of important dates and fun and exciting events!
To MSF co-founder Carla, her husband Will and son Angus. They are expecting a baby who will arrive in 2020. We can’t wait to meet the littlest MSF kid in January.
To all of our wonderful and brave students who participated in our very first Choreography Challenge. These students performed their own choreography and showed creativity, individuality and teamwork. Well done everyone! So proud and hope to see you all participate again next year.
PHOTOSHOOT WEEK: OCTOBER 11, 12, 13.
- Our annual photoshoot welcomes professional photographer Bianca from Zelie Imaging to the studio. Bianca takes beautiful, creative portraits and makes every dancer feel like a supermodel.
- Each student will have the opportunity to take an individual photo and a group photo in each of their costumes. Siblings enrolled in MSF will be invited to take a photo together, if their photo days fall on the same day.
- Photos will then be edited and printed professionally and be available to purchase later in the term.
- Prints (5×7) will be $15 each or 4 for $50. You can then buy digital copies for $10 each or if you purchase all of your prints, you can receive all of your digital files for $30.
- Digital copies are an additional add-on only, they cannot be purchased on their own.
- The photos make beautiful keepsakes and are a gorgeous way to cherish dancing memories. They also make great Christmas presents for grandparents and relatives.
- All students/families have been emailed their photo day date, arrival time and a kit list. Please ensure all items on your list are organised before photo day and get in touch if you think you didn’t receive your list.
- Most costumes have been handed out however, some classes will get theirs in the first week back of term.
- If you were away when costumes were handed out, they are waiting for you at the studio.
- Check out some of Bianca’s work here: https://www.instagram.com/zelie_imaging/
CONCERT TICKETS GO ON SALE: SUNDAY OCTOBER 20
Tickets to “Dancing Days” will go on sale on Sunday, October 20 at 9 am and will be available to purchase through the Trybooking website: https://www.trybooking.com/BFWYA
Kids (Under 12): $25
Kids (Under 5): FREE. If they will sit on an adults lap for the entire show, they do not need a ticket. If they require their own seat, they require a ticket.
- Row A and Row B will not be available for purchase.
- The Magis Theatre is a state of the art venue and there is good viewing from all seats.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket sales will be made online only.
- Cash sales will not be made under any circumstance. This is to ensure every family is given a fair and equal opportunity to purchase their tickets.
- No tickets will be handed out where there is a balance of fees on the account.
- If you have an audience/family member who has a wheelchair, please contact The MSF Team before tickets go on sale, so that we can ensure they will be seated comfortably.
VIVID DIWALI FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY
Main St Funk has once again been invited to perform at the Vivid Diwali Festival. This exciting event is always a highlight because of its vibrant and colourful festivities.
WHEN: Saturday, October 26
WHERE: Council Grounds (Ferris Boulevard South Morang)
ARRIVAL TIME: 1.15pm
PERFORMANCE TIME: 2.00pm
WEAR: Correct class uniform
As always this performance opportunity is open to all students and is a great way to practice performing in front of a casual and encouraging audience before we hit the big stage in November. Only classes with a significant number of students available will get involved so please RSVP by filling out the Google form. (Even if you can’t make it, please let us know!): https://forms.gle/qAQAdvtjb3rVk7jV6
HOUSEKEEPING AND STUDIO ETIQUETTE
- ATTENDANCE: Please try to come to class every week from now until the concert. This will ensure you/your child feel prepared and confident on the big day. Teamwork is essential for a successful dance concert, so please be there for your teammates and your teacher.
- STAIRS: If your class is held upstairs, please refrain from going upstairs until invited up by a teacher. This is to ensure students are supervised appropriately and to help the change over between classes…it can be crowded and unsafe on the staircase with one big class coming while another class is leaving!
- BATHROOM: Please supervise your child’s use of the toilet and remember we only have one to share! Please ensure your child is not playing in the toilets and that the bathroom is left clean and tidy.
- CLASS TIME: Punctuality is fabulous and being early is even better! However, please don’t bring your child to class more than 10 minutes early. Being at the studio for too long before class gives your child time to get restless and bored and means they will run out of steam before their class has finished. It’s also important to remember that the MSF team are only responsible for your children during class time. We cannot look after them before and after class.
- PARKING: A reminder that parking is not permitted inside the complex or in front of any of the neighbouring factories. Please park in the street.
- SAFETY: Students are not to walk through the thoroughfare without a parent or guardian present. Please collect your child from inside the studio.
- TOILET: Please take your child to the toilet before class to limit disruption.
- WATER: All students require a water bottle at every class.
- CHILDREN: Parents, please supervise your children in the foyer. There is strictly no running, jumping or climbing allowed.
- NO SPECTATORS: Parents and siblings are not permitted in the studio during class time unless invited in by the teacher.
- NO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS: Strictly no photos or videos to be taken during class time.
- RELAX: Please continue to enjoy our comfortable student and parent lounge but remember this is a shared space, please clean up after yourselves.
- SPEAK WITH KINDNESS & CARE: Main St Funk is a bully-free zone. Please keep things positive and friendly at all times. This includes, in class, in the foyer and on social media.
MSF MERCH UPDATES
- MSF Leggings have arrived. We have limited stock. If you didn’t order any but you would like a pair please get in touch.
- MSF SNAPBACKS!! Funky Main St Funk hats are here. Perfect for hip hop and festival performances.
- MSF Logo JoJo bows are on their way. We have put in an order with our supplier, thanks for your patience.
- A reminder that ALL students, including ballet and jazz students, require a Main St Funk t-shirt for concert day. If you don’t have one yet, please get in touch to organise.
DANCING DAYS – END OF YEAR CONCERT REMINDER
This year’s end of year concert, “Dancing Days”, will follow the theme of a calendar year. The MSF Kids will take you on a journey from one new years eve party to the next and will highlight every special holiday, celebration and milestone in between. Think Valentines Day, Birthdays, Easter, Christmas, Mother’s Day, First Day of School and much much more. Each class will perform two routines highlighting two special events that occur each year.
DON’T FORGET THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN SPLIT INTO TWO CONCERTS!
Please ensure you are familiar with which cast you are in and which rehearsal/performance dates are relevant to you. Make sure your family and friends know as well, so they know which concert to come to when they want to cheer you on. This has been emailed out to you but can also be found below. If your child will not be participating in the end of year concert/s, please inform the MSF team now.
CAST 1: Seniors, Teens, Inters, Monday Junior Hip Hop, Monday Littlie Jazz, Monday Littlie Hip Hop, Tuesday Littlie Hip Hop, Tuesday Littlie Ballet, Tuesday Tiny Ballet, Tuesday Tiny Hip Hop, Monday Mini Ballet, Monday Mini Hip Hop, Saturday Mini Ballet, Saturday Mini Hip Hop.
CAST 2: Seniors, Teens, Inters, Friday Junior Hip Hop, Friday Junior Jazz, Wednesday Junior Hip Hop, Saturday Junior Hip Hop, Saturday Junior Ballet/Contemporary, Friday Littlie Hip Hop, Friday Tiny Hip Hop, Friday Tiny Ballet, Saturday Tiny Hip Hop, Saturday Tiny Ballet, Wednesday Tiny Hip Hop, Friday Mini Hip Hop, Friday Mini Ballet.
DON’T FORGET THESE IMPORTANT DATES
COMPULSORY THEATRE REHEARSAL:
The rehearsal is the one and only compulsory event we run throughout the year and attendance is mandatory for all students who wish to participate at the end of year concert.
CAST 1: Wednesday 20th of November
CAST 2: Thursday 21st of November
END OF YEAR PERFORMANCE:
CAST 1: Friday 29th of November
CAST 2: Saturday 30th of November
Our important dates page and google calendar are updated throughout the year to include things like; term dates, performance opportunities and mid-year concert. Check it out and sync your google calendar to ours so you never miss a reminder: https://mainstfunk.com/dates-events/
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT OUR KID’S PARTY PACKAGES?
Let the funkiest dance school in Melbourne play host to your next birthday or event. With a range of exciting party themes to choose from, the team at MSF can cater to all ages, genders and interests. For more info and to enquire about the party of your dreams, hit up our website:https://mainstfunk.com/
Make sure you are following Main St Funk on Facebook and Instagram. We love to post daily to give you reminders, inspiration, a sneak peek into our classes and to stay connected with our dancing family.
Thank you for taking the time to read this newsletter and stay in the loop. Being familiar with all the details will ensure you and your child have a fabulous year at dancing.
Please don’t ever hesitate to contact the MSF team should you have any questions.
E: email@example.com PH: 0433220973
Kristie, Carla and Chloe. x