Wow, can you believe we are already at the end of Term 3.
The end of the year is always the busiest and most exciting time at Main St Funk.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!….
We are excited to announce that our second storey mezzanine studio is finally “UP” and ready for our full timetable! This means:
- ALL Friday classes will run at Epping Studio from now on (14/09/18)
- Wednesday classes will return to its original timetable (as it was in Term 1 and 2), except Senior Jazz which will will run 6.30-7.30pm
- See full timetable here: MSF Term 4 Timetable
Thank you so much to all of our students and families for your patience with the construction of our studio. We think you’ll agree it was worth the wait, and we are so excited to finally have the whole MSF Fam together in our new home.
TERM 4 TIMETABLE FOR SENIOR HIP HOP
To accommodate your combined routines, in Term 4 hip hop will run on Tuesdays as follows:
- Senior B Hip Hop: 6.15-7.15pm
- Combined Senior A + B Hip Hop: 7.15-7.45pm
- Senior A Hip Hop: 7.45-8.45pm
Please let us know if you have any concerns or need to clarify your class times.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT END OF YEAR CONCERT DAY
Our end of year performance is just 12 weeks away and we have rightfully titled it “2018; Our Best Year Yet.” Here is some key information to help you plan for the day:
- As our MSF family has grown so much this year, to make sure no one misses out on a ticket, we will have TWO shows!
- Both shows will be held on Sunday December 9th at The Magis Theatre located within Loyola College in Watsonia.
- A 12.30pm Show (Mega Matinee!) will include ALL STUDENTS and go for about 2.5 hours
- A 5.30pm show will feature ONLY JUNIOR, INTER AND SENIOR STUDENTS and will go for about 1.5 hours
- All Minis and Tinies will perform only in the 12.30pm show
- All Juniors, Inters and Seniors will dance in both shows. If participating in the concert, both shows are compulsory. You cannot perform in one show and not the other.
- Don’t forget about our compulsory theatre rehearsal that will be held on Wednesday December 5th.
- You must attend this rehearsal in order to dance in the concert
- Specific times will be provided later
- If you will not be participating, please let us know ASAP
- What happens on the day?
- It is a long and exciting day! Exact times and details will be provided later, but here is a rough guide to what happens on Concert Day
- Minis and tinies should expect to be at the concert venue from approximately 10.30am to 3.30pm (the conclusion of the first show)
- Parents do not stay with them during this time. We have a sign in/out procedure and students are fully supervised so that all parents watch the show
- Older students will be at the venue all day
- All students must remain in the venue at all times. Parents are not permitted backstage or in the dressing rooms at any time, including between the two shows.
- There will be time to relax and eat between the two shows but there will not be time to leave the venue. This means students should arrive in the morning with EVERYTHING they need including a substantial meal to eat.
- Ticket Sales
- Tickets will go on-sale online on October 1 2018 at 5pm.
- The link for ticket sales will be emailed out to you closer to the day
- Adult tickets are $30
- We are now introducing a $25 Child ticket for 12 years and under
- Performers do not need a ticket.
- Minis and Tinies who would like to watch the 5pm show can attend for free if supervised by a paying adult. These will be allocated after ticket sales and will be dependent on availability.
WOW! What a big and exciting event we have ahead of us. With all the extra seats make sure you invite all of your family and friends.
We are so humbled to have welcomed so many new families into our community this year, as well as to have so many long term, loyal students who have developed and grown with us.
As always we welcome any questions you have so please get in touch if you need to confirm anything!
The MSF Team xx
P.S Did you know Main St Funk have a blog? Check out our latest two posts!