Hi and welcome to another month at Main St Funk. What a busy and exciting term 3 we are having! Here’s everything you need to know this August….
Have officially closed for the year as we prepare for our very exciting end of year concert. If you wish to try a new style or you have friends that would like to join, we are welcoming expressions of interest for 2019.
Is fast approaching! This is a professional show that our students and teachers work very hard to produce each year. ALL CLASSES will perform in the show and students will be well cared for backstage.
WHEN: Sunday December 9th
WHERE: The Magis Theatre Watsonia – located within Loyola Secondary College
TIME: Show starts at 4.30pm – performers will be required from 2.30pm
TICKETS: Will be available to purchase at http://www.trybooking.com on Sat. Oct 27th at 9am
COST: $30 each including trybooking fees. All audience members 5 years and older require a ticket. Performers do not require a ticket. Set a reminder on your phone – tickets will sell quick!
Click “attending” and invite your family and friends to our facebook event so you don’t miss all the updates! https://www.facebook.com/events/1869638570012621/
COMPULSORY THEATRE REHEARSAL:
We will hold a whole school rehearsal at the theatre the week of the performance. This rehearsal is compulsory for all students and not attending will forfeit your place in the performance. This is to ensure the safety and confidence of our student’s on concert day and will help familiarise them with the theatre before the big day. Finishing times will vary for each age group (the youngest classes will finish first and so on).
WHEN: Wednesday December 5th
WHERE: The Magis Theatre Watsonia – Located within Loyola Secondary College
TIME: 4pm – We understand this may mean leaving school early to arrive on time. Rehearsal day will run on a tight schedule so please be punctual.
If you will not be attending the rehearsal and concert day, please inform your teachers ASAP so that they can choreograph accordingly.
Each year the MSF kids participate in a professional photoshoot with our inhouse photographer Zelie Imaging. A group shot and single shot of each costume/dance is taken in front of a professional backdrop and lights. These photos are available for purchase at the end of the year. We will hold two photo days this year. Please check what day your class is on below. Arrival times and other requirements will be confirmed closer to the day.
PHOTO DAY 1 SATURDAY OCTOBER 20: Sat Mini Ballet, Sat Mini Hip Hop, Sat Tiny Jazz, Wed Tiny Ballet/Jazz, Junior Ballet, Junior Jazz, Fri Junior B Hip Hop, Fri Junior A Hip Hop, All Seniors (Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet/Contemporary)
PHOTO DAY 2 SUNDAY OCTOBER 21: Fri Mini Ballet, Fri Mini Hip Hop, Tues Tiny Hip Hop, Tues Tiny Ballet, Mon Mini Hip Hop, Mon Junior C Hip Hop, All Inters (Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet/Contemporary)
Check out more of Zelie Imaging here: https://www.instagram.com/zelie_imaging/
We are very excited to welcome MODE Video Productions to film and edit our concert DVD this year. Mode ensures a high quality professional product and aims to ensure that all children on stage can be seen on the DVD (no cropped scenes where children are cut out). MODE come highly recommended from many other dance schools including professional dance companies such as Transit Dance. We can’t wait to work with them. DVDs will be $36 each and will be available within two weeks from performance day.
See more of MODE here: https://www.instagram.com/modevideoproductions/
PARENTS + STUDENTS PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUICK FORM TO LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONCERT: https://goo.gl/forms/R5OfEM1FXRN4YlEs2
Once again, we thank you all for your ongoing patience and support. We know you are all so keen to see the Epping studio fully functioning and we are working hard behind the scenes to make it happen. We will continue to update you week to week. Wednesday classes will be cancelled this week (Wednesday Aug 22). Friday classes will continue as normal at Lalor Secondary College. Not long now guys, we promise it will be worth the wait!
- Spectators are not permitted in the dance room unless invited in by the teacher. Sitting and watching your child’s dance class hinders their progress as they are often distracted when they can see and hear mum and dad. Allowing them to take class on their own helps develop your child’s independence and confidence. It also makes the end of year concert a lovely surprise for you!
- Term fees are now overdue, please finalise your balance this week.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure you receive all of our emails and they don’t get sent to your junk box.
- Attendance and punctuality are crucial at this time of year. Classes will move quickly through choreography and in order for your child to feel confident on stage, they must be in class to practice.
- Congratulations to our Junior and Inter Hip Hop Crew on two amazing performances at Dance Off Challenge and Jump Dance Challenge. The girls showed great teamwork, sportsmanship and received wonderful feedback from both comps as well as receiving an Honourable Mention (fourth place). GO MSF!
- Congratulations to MSF teacher Nakarin who is a finalist in Dance Australia’s photo competition! He needs your vote to win, just jump on insta and double tap to “Like”. The photo with the most likes, wins! Click here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmcYpkhAf_G/?taken-by=_dance_australia
- Check all important dates + events here: https://mainstfunk.com/dates-events/
- Follow @mainstfunk on Instagram and Facebook to for daily updates and sneak-peeks!
As always, if you have any questions, please get in touch with The MSF Team.
Happy Dancing! xx