PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW IN REGARDS TO MSF’S MID YEAR PERFORMANCE:
Due to the number of students participating in this years mid-year concert, we have to split our our mid-year SNEAK-PEEK performance into two seperate concerts to ensure that we can safely fit all students and audience members into the venue. The alternative was to move to a more expensive venue and charge audience members for tickets OR cap audience numbers. We felt neither options were suitable for the casual nature of our mid-year concert or our amazing, big group of supporters that come along every year. Please see details below.
- Both concerts will be held on Friday the 22nd of June in the Drama Centre at Lalor Secondary College (Cnr Dalton Rd and David St Lalor) where our Wednesday and Friday classes are held.
- There will be no regular class that evening, only the showcases.
- There will be an early show at 5.30pm and a later show at 7pm.
- If your child is unable to attend the showcase, please advise us by email ASAP so their teachers can be advised.
- All Mini, Tiny, Junior and Inter students will perform in one show only
- Senior students and crew members will perform in BOTH concerts.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Students are to arrive wearing correct uniform and hair at their designated arrival times. (see link for kit list at bottom of page)
- Hip hop students who do not have an MSF t shirt, please arrange to purchase one in class ASAP. $30 each. Hoodies are not permitted to perform in.
- Minimal make up is permitted but not necessary.
- Students who do ballet as well as other styles will keep their hair in a ballet bun for the entire show
- Students who do hip hop and other styles are required to wear their ballet/jazz/contemporary uniform under their hip hop clothes
- MSF Logo JoJo bows are permitted in hair but not compulsory
- Students who need to bring a change of shoes etc for different styles are to bring them along in a small, easily recognisable bag (labelled with their name). Otherwise, please leave ALL jackets, bags, drink bottles etc. with parents. The number of bodies in the space will warm everyone up!
- Please ensure your child has been to the toilet before dropping them off.
- Please park in the first carpark on Dalton Rd or on the street.
- A reminder there is NO SMOKING ON THE SCHOOL GROUNDS permitted.
- There will be no reserved seating and doors will open just before the show.
- Video recording and photography during the performance are not permitted.
- A DVD recording will be available to purchase at a cost of $14 each. This is a great keepsake and assists in practicing for the end of year performance.
- If you would like to order a DVD please ensure you order and pay by the final week of term.
- Each class will perform 1 dance each.
- Family is invited to come and watch. Cost will be a gold coin donation per audience member as a fundraiser.
- The show WILL start on time and because the doors to the drama centre lock automatically, late comers will not have access to the show. Don’t be late!
- Seats are not allocated and audience members will not be permitted inside the building until doors open, 15 minutes before show. There is good viewing wherever you sit.
- Audience members are welcome to wait in the gymnasium (opposite the performance centre) while the children warm up and settle in with their class.
Please organise all items outlined on your checklist prior to show week and be sure to check all of the classes that your children attend.
KIT-LIST HERE: STUDENT / CLASS KIT LIST DOCUMENT
As always, please get in touch if you have any questions. We understand we have LOTS of new parents and children this year and we are happy to help you out where we can.
The MSF Team xx