Welcome to Term 2! We are off to a flying start. This term is a busy one, so please see details and friendly reminders below.
“SNEAK-PEEK” SHOWCASE – MSF MID YEAR CONCERT
At the end of term 2, Main St Funk hold a mid-year performance. This is a very casual performance designed to give our students the chance to practice performing in a front of an audience. It is a low key demonstration of what we have been working on so far this year and a “sneak peek” of what’s to come at our end of year professional show. Each class will perform one dance and students will be required to wear their correct uniform.
DATE: Friday 22nd June – no dance classes will run this evening, just the showcase.
WHERE: Lalor Secondary College, Drama Centre
DANCERS ARRIVAL TIME: 5.00pm – students to be dropped off at the Drama Centre for warm up and to settle in.
SHOWTIME: 6.00pm. The doors will open to the audience at 5.50pm
TICKETS: Cost is a gold coin donation per audience member.
MUMMY JAM! – MOTHER’S DAY CELEBRATION
MON 7TH-SAT 11TH MAY
MSF mama’s get ready! In the week leading up to Mother’s Day we want to celebrate you! How do we celebrate at Main St Funk? We dance! Mums you are invited to join in the last 20 minutes of your child’s class for some fun dancing activities with your kids and to see some of the dances they have been working on. Why should the kids have all the fun!? Note: if mum can’t make it, one other significant grown up (eg, dad, aunty, grandma, older sibling) is welcome to join in instead.
FEES + LATE PAYMENT
A reminder that term fees are due in the third week of term every term. Continued late payments may result in your child losing their spot in class or the possible introduction of late payment fees. If you are having genuine trouble paying your fees, please contact us directly to discuss your options. If not, please pay your fees immediately. Either by cash in a clearly labelled envelope, cheque or electronic transfer.
Students should now be wearing correct uniform and footwear to class. A reminder that our set colour for ballet and jazz is BLACK (not pink, sorry!) and hair should be appropriately pulled back off the face at all times. See full uniform guidelines here: https://mainstfunk.com/uniform-guidelines/
WELL DONE TO THESE CLASSES WHO ALWAYS COME TO CLASS IN UNIFORM!
GREAT TEAM WORK.
This year our concert will be held at the new performance arts centre at Loyola College in Watsonia. Exact call times and finishing times will vary depending on age groups and will be confirmed closer to the date.
COMPULSORY REHEARSAL @ THE THEATRE: Wednesday December 5th
END OF YEAR PERFORMANCE: Sunday December 9th
More details can be found on our website: https://mainstfunk.com/dates-events/
IMPORTANT PARENT REMINDERS:
- Parents are not permitted in the classroom unless invited in by the teacher
- Please do not park in front of the other units at 13 Lydia Court. Only street parking is available at this stage.
- There is to be NO SMOKING on the grounds of Lalor Secondary (including the car park). If you wish to smoke, you need to be at least 3 metres away from the front gate.
- Please supervise siblings at all times and supervise students before and after their scheduled class times.
- Please walk your child to and from the studio and car as MSF teachers are not always available to supervise drop offs and pickups.
- Please remember to take your child to the toilet before their class starts to limit class interruptions and to ensure they benefit from a full class.
Thank you for respecting these policies. We always appreciate your cooperation and support, it doesn’t go unnoticed. As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.