Exciting things ahead!…
Congratulations to all students on a fantastic Term 3! Enjoy these next two weeks off as things are about to get busy at Main St Funk! Term 4 is jam packed with performance opportunities, photo days and rehearsals. Please make sure you regularly check our dates + event page and diarise all important dates. Why not sync your google calendar with ours? https://mainstfunk.com/important-dates/
Main St Funk are proud to be a part of the City of Whittlesea community and it is always such an honour to be invited to perform at local events. These performances are completely optional but highly encouraged as they are a great way to practice performing in front of an audience and they are always super fun. Please let us know if you can make it by filling out the form below. All Students who perform at these events require a MSF T shirt. They are $30 each. Please see one of us to collect yours.
Concert Ticket Sales
- This year our ticket sales are online!
- Tickets are $26 each. Performers do not require a ticket or a seat.
- All audience members 5 years and older require their own seat and ticket. Anyone under 5 who requires their own seat will need to purchase one.
- All seats at the venue have good viewing of the stage.
- Tickets will go on sale 9am Saturday 28th October until 4pm Saturday 25th November.
- There will be no refunds of tickets once sold.
- There is no limit to how many tickets each family can purchase.
- Upon choosing your seats and purchasing your tickets online, you will be issued a receipt which will be required to pick up your tickets. No tickets will be distributed to families who have unpaid fees on their account.
- Tickets will be available for collection in the last week of class.
Each class will be provided with a costume for each of their dances that they will be performing at the concert. Each group will be posed and photographed in each of their costumes by a professional photographer, and single shots of each student in each costume will be taken too. This process can take a while, as it is also a time for checking/re-adjusting and fixing costumes. Each student will need to provide their own ‘costume basics’. We have provided a kit list for each class. Please ensure you check the day, time and kit list of every class that your child participates in. Please do not wait to get these item closer to the performance date. All items listed are compulsory for photo day. It helps the students feel more like a team when everyone is wearing/bringing the same things. It also speeds up the process when we don’t have to try and hide incorrect shoes/underclothes etc. All students will require make up for concert day (even the boys) however it is optional for photo day.
Click here for Kit List: MSF PHOTO AND CONCERT DAY KITLIST
DVD Orders and Photo Sales
- On rehearsal day (possibly earlier), all photos will be printed 5” x 7” and available to view/purchase and to take home. If you wish to order extras/different sizes to what is there this can be done on the day as well.
- Photos will be $10 each or 6 for $50.
- DVD orders will be taken from now until concert day. Order forms will be distributed shortly.
- A Sam Stephens Video Production, will again film and edit the concert this year.
- The cost of the DVD this year will be $30. Postage prior to Christmas will be $3 additional, pick up in class in Term 1 of 2017 is free.
- All rehearsals and photo days are held at our normal class venue, Lalor Secondary except Venue Rehearsal (Sunday 26th November) and Performance (Sunday 3rd December).
- Venue Rehearsal and Performance held at Planetshakers Theatre, 360 Main Road Lower Plenty Vic.
- Parents of mini and junior students are asked to assist with dressing their child for Photo day.
- ALL students are required to wear stage make up for the performance (including boys!) Under the lights the details on a performer’s face get washed out and their faces look like white circles, so stage make up is necessary.
- Please note there will be no parents backstage during the rehearsal or performance. Younger students are allocated a buddy to assist them with changing.
- The performance will go for approx. 2 hours including a 20 minute interval
- During the interval, no parents or audience members are to enter the dressing room area and no students are permitted to leave the dressing room.
- Students will take most of their costume items home on Photo Day and bring with them on Performance Day. Please ensure they are not worn or played with in that time!
- All Ballet/Contemporary and Jazz costumes must be returned on concert day. All hip hop costumes can be kept by the performers
We are in the process of organising another big year of dance. Please fill out the 2018 form to let us know if you are returning or not: MAIN ST FUNK 2018
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Looking forward to a wonderful end to a big year!
The MSF Team xx