Wow, Term 2 is just flying by. We would like to welcome all of our new students who joined after the break and commend ALL of the MSF kids on the wonderful work they have been showing in their classes this term. There are a few exciting things on the horizon, one of which is our mid-year show! Please find all of important details outlined below.
“RAW” Showcase – Friday 9th June 2017
A collection of unfinished or unpolished work. No lighting effects, costumes or make-up. Just RAW dancing.
This performance is a casual event we put on each year to allow our students to gain experience performing in front of an audience. It is also a chance for their families to see what they have been working on so far and get a sneak peek of the end of year show. Family and friends are invited to come and watch. Cost will be a gold coin donation per audience member as a fundraiser.
- The performance will be held in the Drama Centre at Lalor Secondary College where our normal class are held.
- There will be no regular class that evening, only the showcase.
- Students are to arrive, dressed, ready to perform, no later than 6.15pm.
- The show will begin at 7.00pm
- Students will sit with their classes
- All Hip Hop students must wear their BLACK MAIN ST FUNK T-Shirt (2016 design), plain black tracksuit pants or leggings and plain black sneakers and socks. Hair to be in a neat, high ponytail.
- Mini/Junior Ballet students – please wear black leotard, black ballet skirt, pink ballet tights and pink ballet shoes. Hair in a slick, high bun.
- Junior Jazz students – please wear FITTED plain black singlet, black leggings, jazz shoes. Hair in a slick high ponytail.
- Inter Jazz and Ballet/Contemporary students – please wear FITTED plain black singlet, black leggings, pink ballet/black jazz shoes. Hair in a slick high ponytail (jazz). Slick ballet bun for ballet.
- Senior Jazz and Ballet/Contemporary students – fitted long sleeve black top, black leggings, ballet shoes, black jazz shoes. Hair styled neatly in a half pony tail. No hair on face.
- NEW STUDENTS – If you have not yet purchased an MSF Tshirt ($30) please make sure you see Kristie or Chloe ASAP.
- Students in multiple classes are to wear their jazz/ballet uniform under their hip hop clothes and hip hop students who also do ballet must have their hair in a bun.
- Minimal make up is permitted but not necessary.
- Please leave jackets, bags, drink bottles etc. with parents.
- The show will start at 7pm sharp. Doors will be closed and locked by 6.55pm to ensure a smooth running show without interruptions. Late comers will not be permitted.
- Please park in the main carpark on Dalton Rd or on the street.
- A reminder there is NO SMOKING ON THE SCHOOL GROUNDS.
- There will be no reserved seating and doors will open just before the show. There is good viewing from all points of the room.
- Video recording and photography during the performance is not permitted.
- A DVD recording will be available to purchase at a cost of $12 each. This is a great keepsake and assists in practicing for the end of year performance.
- If you would like to order a DVD please ensure you order and pay by the final week of term.
- Each class will perform 1 dance each.
- Family is invited to come and watch. Cost will be a gold coin donation per audience member as a fundraiser. This will be collected at the door.
- Classes resume as normal the following week and term 2 will conclude Wednesday 28th and Friday 30th of June.
We are looking forward to showing you how hard the MSF kids have been working so far this year and hope you enjoy the show!
To see more upcoming dates and events check out our website: https://mainstfunk.com/important-dates/
We welcome Breeana Bolzon to our teaching staff! Bree has been an assistant teacher, working with our junior students since 2013. She has just recently taken on the role of Wednesday Mini Ballet and Mini Hip Hop teacher. Bree is very much loved and admired by all her students and the rest of the MSF team, because of her gentle and caring nature and her passion for dance. Bree completed VCE last year and is currently undertaking a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and hopes to complete a Bachelor in Primary School Teaching in 2018. We are super proud of you Bree and are lucky to have you on the team.
Tell Your Friends…
We accept new students right up until week 3, term 3 and we have added lots of new classes to our timetable. If you’ve got friends that love to dance, keep spreading the word about Main St Funk. We really appreciate all of the love and support from our funky fam.
Happy Dancing – The MSF Team.